Banijay Gives Back to Local CommunitiesLeave a Comment
Banijay today kicks off its annual volunteering initiative in the UK and Netherlands, following a successful drive last week in France and Germany. With approximately 500 employees taking part across all businesses, this marks the return of its multi-territory CSR operation following a soft-launch in 2019. It is expected over 12 territories, including Brazil, India, Italy and Spain, will trigger their own events by the end of 2022.
Baniday sees employees harness their passion and skills, down their tools, and unite with others across different facets of the business, to help support its local communities under a common theme: “Banijay Gives Back”.
Marco Bassetti, CEO, Banijay says: “It’s important for us to take a step back from our day-to-day business and give time to support our local communities who act as a home for us day-in day-out. I’m proud to see Baniday expanding across our footprint and look forward to making it an annual event that unites our teams around the world for so many great causes.”
Across the board, the event brings together employees from both group functions and production entities to support a host of charities and not-for-profit organisations. Participating this year were Banijay’s Chairman, Stéphane Courbit and CEO, Marco Bassetti, and the wider group executive team, as well as local leaders and talent both on and off-screen.
A few highlights of the activities so far include:
- Over 150 employees in France – including key talent such as President of H2O Productions, Cyril Hanouna, and Namadia and Coumba from Koh Lanta (Survivor) – distributed gifts, organised a concert and made decorations for hospitalised children and visited a research institute specialised in genetic diseases. A few these children and their families were also invited to watch live recordings of some of our hit shows.
- In the UK, 150 employees partnered with over 12 charities supporting variouscauses such as mental health, domestic violence, disability, and conservation projects.
- Our colleagues from EndemolShine North America, Bunim Murray and 51Minds got together to help refurbish local school, Lankershim Elementary, which is the oldest in Los Angeles’ San Fernando Valley.
- Banijay Germany and Switzerland’s production label, B&B EndemolShine,took part in several activities including a Rhine River clean-up, helping redistribute surplus food, and supporting a local animal shelter.
- Banijay Benelux’s Netherlands-based group team headed to a stable to clean and paint the facility, which specialises in providing stimulation to those withspecial needs and physical disabilities